10 safe boating gifts for Cyber Monday
Posted by LT Stephanie Young, Monday, November 26, 2012
If you’re taking advantage of today’s Cyber Monday bargains, why not embrace the spirit of giving and turn your holiday gift into something that will keep your loved one safe all year round?
The holidays are a perfect time to remind your friends and family to boat responsibly and arm them with safe boating essentials. Whether they are a first-time boater or a sailor with decades on the water, it is important to encourage your loved ones to boat responsibly.
There are many items you can give a loved one, but here are just a few:
* A life jacket
* A marine GPS navigation system
* A Coast Guard approved fire extinguisher
* A first aid kit in a watertight container
* A seamanship book
* Nautical charts for the areas your favorite mariner frequents
* A life raft with a survival kit
* Signaling mirrors or flares
From first aid kits to rescue flares, there are enough items to put together a great gift for any boater in your life. Take advantage of the sales this holiday season and buy your loved ones a piece of boating safety equipment; it could save their life out at sea.
Comments are closed.